Sunday, December 9, 2012

October Highlights

I'm so far behind it's unreal! But let me try to gather myself here by going over my favorite stuff from October.
What sticks out in my brain the most (for obvious reasons) is the Rob Zombie & Marilyn Manson concert Jordan and I went to on October 30th in Houston! It was a dream come true to put it lightly. I'm such a fangirl, I'll be the first to admit it.
Manson played first. His set consisted of confetti, fog, extravagant costumes, glitter, lights, and impressive props, and the usual Marilyn Manson-esque stage presence. He didn't interact with the audience as much as Zombie did, but when he did it was some sort of a brief, slurred, vulgar, comment with Manson charm
on top.

Zombie's set consisted of fire. Lots of fire. There were wonderful stage lights and throughout the whole show clips from classic horror movies, some of his own movies, and, to put it simply, boobs. Oh, and oversized monster things dancing around on stage. I personally think Zombie had more energy throughout his set, not to mention he talked with the audience more. He was constantly head banging and running from one end of the stage to another. I'm 21 and kind of in shape and I don't think I could have kept up with the energy he had!
All in all I definitely got my money's worth out of it. I had such a great time. Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie are both sort of "legends" in my eyes and it was on my bucket list to see them. Next up I'm aiming for Slipknot :)



Also the week before Halloween Brittney threw a Halloween party! Everyone had a good time!



(I was little Red Riding Hood)

No comments:

Post a Comment